White Coats for Black Lives: Staff gather together in remembrance of George Floyd
- Moments of silence for changeImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
- Keck School staff stand in solidarityImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
- Health care workers support White Coats 4 Black LivesImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
- Staff gather to remember George FloydImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
- Keck School faculty and staff remember George FloydImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
- Keck School staff show support for Black Lives Matter movementImage by: Ricardo Carrasco III
On the morning of Friday, June 5, staff at Keck Medicine of US, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and Keck School of Medicine of USC gathered together for a show of solidarity for racial equality and justice for all. Health care workers met outside for 8 minutes and 46 seconds of silence in remembrance of George Floyd, either standing or taking a knee. This was part of a national movement by medical centers across the country and ties into the White Coats 4 Black Lives initiative. The moments of shared silence were powerful, and a symbol of the staff’s shared commitment to fight racism and effect positive change.
See here for video testimonies of staff explaining what this demonstration means to them.